Tuesday, May 31, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...


As the evening winds down and I get ready to hop into bed I ask myself, "what is one of my favorite parts of my day?" As I rack my brain, going through all the many things I've done today, I realize that my favorite parts have nothing to do with what I've accomplished, but instead revolve around the people that I love. My favorite parts are:

1. Snuggling my little Anna on the couch and listening to her giggle as I squeeze tighter and tighter.

2. Seeing my kids faces when I told them they could have 10 minutes to jump on the trampoline with the hose before they had to leave with their Mimi (yes, I know this does not create ideal jumping conditions, but they sure do love it).

3. Finally getting to see my hubby after his long day at work and eating dinner together while discussing church leadership, work, and other things we don't normally get to discuss when the kiddos are home.

4. Kissing my kids goodnight after they were already asleep - especially since Alex was having some funky dream and almost whacked me in the face as she muttered to herself, which made me giggle :)

5. Seeing so many different members of my family in 1 day (I guess it helps that I'm currently living with most of them!).

While it's so easy, at the end of the day, to focus on the things I didn't get done or the things that I still don't have yet, tonight I choose to go to sleep focused on the many ways that I am blessed. Tomorrow has enough worries of it's own and quite frankly I'd rather count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment