Monday, May 16, 2011

In A Season of Waiting


Waiting (as an intransient verb):

1. a: to remain stationary in readiness or expectation
b: to pause for another to catch up —usually used with up

2. a: to look forward expectantly
b: to hold back expectantly

3. a: to be ready and available
b: to remain temporarily neglected or unrealized

Patient:

1: bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint

2: manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain

3: not hasty or impetuous

4: steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity

5: able or willing to bear

Waiting patiently is not for wimps and it is certainly not for the faint of heart. It is not about sitting on our hands, inactive and inattentive. It is a fierce battle of the heart, mind, spirit and soul. In a fast paced, have everything now society, we cringe at the idea of waiting. We want a quick and convenient experience, whether it’s at the grocery store or in our relationships (um…facebook). But there are times, seasons, when God takes us into a place of waiting and asks us to do it patiently; to “look forward expectantly” while “manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain.” This is the season that I have found myself in for the past 13 months.

I must admit, there are many days that I wish this season would end. There are many times that I have acknowledged the fact that we very well could have forced it to end on several occasions. But, I know that if I continue to give this season to the Lord and seek Him, if I am “able or willing to bear” the process that the Lord wants to take me though to grow me, then not only will I end up with a wonderful home, but I will end up more like Him. And so, no matter how many times I may want to throw in the towel, I continue to press on, urging my heart, mind, soul and spirit to wait patiently and rest in the promises of God. I know His promises are true, His process is good and that He has amazing things in store for me and my family. I just hope I'm nearing the end of the tunnel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment