Friday, April 1, 2011

50 Cents, Modge Podge and Spray Paint

During my latest trip to the Goodwill bins I discovered this thing:



Yes, this is some sort of letter, paper, bill, and whatever else you need to be held holder. It was in rough shape, but with a little love I had a feeling it could find a spot in my home (whenever we get one!). So, I grabbed it, paid my 50 cents for it and was on my way to AC Moore to pick up some Modge Podge and Scrapbooking paper for the background. I found the Modge Podge in the glue aisle (as always), then headed to the scrapbooking section where I proceeded to find NOTHING that fit what I was thinking (this happens often). I decided that maybe I could make something, grabbed some green cardstock and headed home.



After returning home I spent some time washing, degunking, and sanding down the "holder thing" before grabbing some white spray paint I had left over from a previous project. After a few coats of paint I was ready to Modge Podge. Luckily, while googling patterns I found one that I really liked, copied it to word, enlarged it and printed it out onto my green cardstock.



Using a thin coat of Modge Podge I glued the pieces of cardstock into their proper spots, painted the little thingy mabob on the front black and added a simple &H& to some left over green cardstock to pull the colors together.







It's not perfect, but it works for me. And for under $6 I got a nice little....whatever ya call it.

1 comment: